View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
Deserion
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconnarn View Post
My 2004 S Model seems to be doing the same thing. it takes a few times of turning the key before i get any sound from the engine. just took it to autozone to test the battery and their computer said that the battery, alternator, and starter were all ok. did it end up being the fuel pump? its cold here this week. i was wondering if that had something to do with it? also the front trunk isnt opening properly. im not sure if its related?
In my case, yes, the fuel pump was faulty. The fuel filter (integrated into the sending unit) was clogged with some nasty black gunk and burned up the fuel pump due to heavy restriction. I ordered a replacement fuel pump and sending unit (both used) from DC Auto and the car has been running great since.

My car would crank but not start, yours sounds like it's not even doing that. I'd figure the ignition switch is going (common issue). It's a bit of a squeeze for, ahem, larger folks like me to get up in there but it's doable with a cut-down small screwdriver.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote