View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Both cars look well cared for. Will the seller of the first one allow you to take it to the local shop that has been working on it? You don't have to have the PPI done at a Porsche dealer, in fact, many dealers won't do a PPI. An independent shop that has experience with Porsches is ideal. The fact that the 60K mile service was done is good news. I would want the dent fixed just because it would bother me.

The second car also looks nice. As far as the engine goes, you can have the DOF system installed and enjoy, at least that is my understanding of those engines. The fact that it is an 18,000 mile engine is a positive in my book.

I doubt you can go wrong with either car, both look to have documented service history, and enthusiast owned. Even with a PPI, there is no guarantee. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Exactly. I can also understand some sellers baulking at certain aspects of "in-depth" PPI's. When I sold my car I drew the line at pulling coil packs / plugs or tearing into the engine in any way, if damage occurred (cracked plastic, stripped plug holes, after effect leaks, etc.) it very easily would of been on my nickel to repair what the "experts" broke, no thanks.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote