View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
Perfectlap

He is asking a fair price and is evidently factoring in the repairs that have yet to be addressed. Which means a) be sure the 993 is the Carrera you want and b) make sure this is the 993 you want. That color combination is not for the general audience and with many well looked after 993 garage queens out there awaiting a good offer for the owner to flip the car, patience will bring the 993 you want.

I would HIGHLY recommend you drive the 964 and a few 911's before committing $35-40K on what will essentially be a garage queen. Personally I think a Boxster driver would prefer the tighter more connected feel of th 964, which interestingly enough has a better coefficient of drag than the 993..Porsche really splurged on developing the 964 as the first legit safe and modern Carrera. Also I think the high fenders that did not make it to the 993 will set the 964 apart as the best preservation of the classic 911 while avoiding antique Carrera issues. It will be very sought after some day particularly the RS cars. I would never sell a 964. Whereas what came before and after really lack one thing or another that the 964 has. Its truely the best of both worlds Carrera.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 12-01-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote