View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Winter job. Snow and ice. Years back.

Had an extension ladder against a house on a deck working on a light fixture. Deck frozen. I was about 6' up the ladder when it just went. Didn't think it was on ice but it was getting dark. As it went down, I held on and it just slammed onto the deck. Because I was grabbing the rails, it crushed 4 fingers of which 3 broke, and I slammed my face against the rungs.

Customer not home. Had to stand up first. Immediately I started to shake from shock. Made it to my Ranger and had to just open the door. Terrible pain to get my keys from my pocket. Couldn't start the truck and started falling asleep, but shook it off. Got the truck started, warmed a bit, and drove maybe 4 houses away before I pulled over and passed out. Came around almost 30 minutes later, truck running, dried blood in my eye and on my face. Drove to ER.

Drove self to hospital after cutting off a finger tip with portable band saw. Saw my pulse in the hose water.

Drove self to hospital after impaling myself on a fence I was welding on a cast iron flur de Le into back of my right thigh, just under ass. Tore a hole bigger than a silver dollar in my thigh, I could see my muscle move back and forth and had fat cells hanging all over. I just hung there, impaled, for a minute while I stood up, lifted my leg off, and wrapped it up.

Others, but those were the worst. I work alone typically and you do what you have to do.

Last edited by Timco; 12-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote