View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #148
Nine8Six

Let me share some top secret development with you:

Meet the NEW & MIGHTY Nitestalkers High Performance Bi-Xenon Projectors (no panic, the brand name is pure fiction for the moment LOL)

A few asked whether it was possible to add Angel Eyes to the kit. Especially the dudes based in Japan. I have a friend there who is marketing those projectors at the moment and its doing rather good - as if I wasn't busy enough with real life!

Those Angel Eyes will finally come "Optional" with the kit. The standard model without angel eyes will remain the main product of course but like every other products, it's always good to have some options.

So there you go (we designed this a week or two ago). Pure coincidence. Enjoy!

How it works:

^ 2mm*4mm slots are CNC'ed into the bezel. 32x of them.

^ I've designed a compartment to isolate the light emitted from the LEDs. This will be filled with high temp silicon over the LED ring circuit board. We don't want this to pollute the lens color which is often pitch black, or clear viewed from an angle.

^ I simply use a "Pure White" circular LED board and install a matte finish acrylic filter (see in greenish) to push out a colorful glow (red, yellow, green, etc.....). The matte finish acrylic is to prevent the nasty artificial LED glares so they look clean and soft looking.

^ Those are the ring that I am getting manufactured in OD80mm (the internals only, we throw away the plastic casing). It will be a 32x led board powerd by a miniature/external controller (kept away from the heat). The board/LEDs will dissipate their heat at the Bezel's 6061 T6 aluminum so no heat built-up (unlike common plastics!). The Angel Eyes mini controller connects to the Parking Light's +/-. Easy!

^ Using the filter design/concept, not only it cleans off the glares, colors are also unlimited. We will offer those in PINK, VIOLET, ORANGE, BLACKLIGHT, etc etc ect

Like it?

Last edited by Nine8Six; 11-29-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote