View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #52
southernstar

Thinking back, in my first year of ownership I had one repair (replacement of ignition switch) and then regular maintenance (oil/filter changes, replaced air filter and serpentine belt). In the second year, only oil/filter changes, although this winter I will be replacing my spark plug tubes/seals and plugs as one is leaking slightly. I am also close to needing replacement of my rear tires.

Car is a 2000 Boxster 2.7 that was purchased with 86,000 km (54,000 miles) and now has 103,000 km (64,000). I paid more than some, but as the car was cosmetically pristine with excellent service records, oil changes every year/5-6,000 km (3-4,000 miles) and passed a thorough PPI with flying colors, I was prepared to pay a little more. So far I have no regrets. Once again, I think it shows the importance of a thorough PPI and service records when buying a used Porsche.

I know that there has been a lot of criticism of the marque on this and other sites with respect to reliability, but we have to keep in mind that these cars are now getting rather long in the tooth and that a number have been abused and subjected to inadequate maintenance. Sadly, as the prices have plummeted, I suspect that poorly maintained and abused examples will become the norm.

Brad

Last edited by southernstar; 11-29-2013 at 04:30 AM. Reason: 2 signatures
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote