Thread: Black stripes
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #17
papasmurf

If you are wanting some stripes

I would look at having them done in 3m 1080 film. It is a wrap film and is what they use to do the complete color change wraps on cars. It comes in about 30+ colors I think now and several are different shades (matte, gloss, satin) of gray, anthracite, aluminum, and silver. I installed some on my dads truck a while back and it goes on super easy compared to regular vinyl because it has air release channels. I work with this stuff for a living so I might have a little more experience than most but it is still probably something a DIY person could do with just a little patience. You can kind of curve it as needed as well where regular vinyl is not as forgiving. I purchased it off of ebay and you could probably take it to any sign shop and have them cut whatever text or stripes you wanted out of it for not too much money. Best thing is that it will probably come off a lot easier when you want to take it off instead of breaking into a million pieces like standard vinyl often does. I put black vinyl "boxster" script side stripes on my car about a year ago in standard vinyl and would have done them in the 1080 material if I had known about it at the time.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote