View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #18
AJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
I'd pick the pdk every time. On my second car with the pdk and think it's great. Having driven a manual, I still do not get the obsession. Having said that, I:

1. Go to the grocery store for my food -- I don't grow or hunt it.
2. Use a computer/iPad/smart phone for "texting and typing" rather than going up to each person individually and "speaking to them" or grabbing a pencil and writing a letter.
3. Buy homes that have already been built, rather than building it myself (I'm not one for felling trees for lumber).
4. Can't stand fried-egg headlights. Are you still wearing something from 9 years ago? Using a TV from 9 years ago? A TRS-80, maybe, for the feel of vintage? Not me, but that's my bias. Good luck!
Hi CFOS,

Thanks for your thoughts. I read your response last night and had a chuckle but I wanted to be more sober when I responded.

I'm with you on 1 and 3 absolutely. As for your point 2, I do use "texting and typing", but also appreciate the physical aspect of social interaction. I like to see my nieces, nephews and friends in person or talk on the phone rather than just through electronic communication. On point 4, I agree with you for the most part - with just the emphasis on the fact that I don't change my phone every year for the latest and greatest in evolutionary changes. I prefer to wait for revolutionary changes or for something which is productive. I like change but not just for the sake of change.

I'm going to be driving the car again tomorrow and I really want to like the PDK.:>) Give me a few more years to be wiser than I'm and be on the same plain as you. :>)

~AJR
AJR is offline   Reply With Quote