View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
Bmod986

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
I'd pick the pdk every time. On my second car with the pdk and think it's great. Having driven a manual, I still do not get the obsession. Having said that, I:

1. Go to the grocery store for my food -- I don't grow or hunt it.
2. Use a computer/iPad/smart phone for "texting and typing" rather than going up to each person individually and "speaking to them" or grabbing a pencil and writing a letter.
3. Buy homes that have already been built, rather than building it myself (I'm not one for felling trees for lumber).
4. Can't stand fried-egg headlights. Are you still wearing something from 9 years ago? Using a TV from 9 years ago? A TRS-80, maybe, for the feel of vintage? Not me, but that's my bias. Good luck!
It is a personal preference. We live in a time where most cars are automatic and sometimes its good to break away from that and do some shifting with a clutch. Its not to feel vintage or remember the old days but its more of a satisfaction of giving proper shifts and making decisions yourself rather then having a computer cut in so that your car won't blow. Its a connection between you and your car.

I also have driven the 991s with a PDK and sport exhaust. Awesome car, visceral noise, great time, and lighting fast shifts. Had the flappy paddles which added to the fun. I loved the PDK but I still like to shift with a clutch.

With that said I have two SUVs with auto trans in my home so I can always take a break from shifting.

"Also I do have a tv that is 8 years old and still use it. New TVs are expensive I have a boxster to maintain" hahaha.
Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote