View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 10:45 AM   #12
Stryke
Watch Freak

I am in no way here to "show off" to anyone. I put my two favorite watches in the Avatar which as you say is a Blue TT Sub and a SS white Daytona. I have others that I rotate daily for a little bit of a change. The avatar is there because I run a watch forum that has been active for several years so I kept the same avatar everywhere I post.

If people enjoy working on their own cars I have no problem with that. When I was 21 I had a Mustang and I loved doing everything on it myself. You can call it preaching but all it is is me showing frustration when people buy a luxury item and then complain about maintenance costs. We get it all the time on the watch forum. Someone will buy a $10,000 Rolex and then get bummed out when he finds out the price of insurance and that they need to be serviced for 4-500 dollars every several years.

The point I am making is that if you really want to save money in the long run and pay the $19.95 oil change then a Toyota Camry or the likes are great vehicles to own. The fact that you are 34 and own your car is irrelevant to the argument. I am 26 and own my cars too, so what? We all own our cars I assume. Who modifies a leased vehicle?

As far as my business goes, I don't publicize it on forums because I am not here for business. I am here for enjoyment. I answered because someone had some questions and concerns which I was able to address and I wanted to help.

I'm not here to fight with anyone. I am here to read posts relating to a car I own. If you don't like the nature of my posts then between my Avatar and signature photo they are very easy to pick out in a crowd and simply skip right over them.

P.S. I guess "Livin' Large in Houston" is a very modest statement.

P.P.S. I stopped collecting comics in the 80's but thanks for the link.

Cheers!
2006 BMW 750i 19" Sport Wheels BK/BK-Daily
2005 Lotus Elise Sport & Touring Package-Fun
2001 Lexus RX300-Back-up Winter Beater
2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 Sport AMG-Sold
2000 Boxster S Heavily Modified-Sold
2000 Nissan Altima GLE-Parking Spot Holder
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Stryke; 01-22-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote