View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
rezaf_2000

Is this a good boxster

Hi guys,

You might remember me from last year on this thread, where I was thinning about buying a boxster. So, I'm thinning again

Would you kindly tell me what you think about this 1998 boxster? From what the ad say and my emails with the seller, here's a summary (my comments in Italic):

1. 1998 red booster with 2.5L engine. (Is it going to feel slow?)
2. 140K mile on the car, 56K miles on a replaced engine. He apparently replaced it 18 months ago and has put 56 on it since. (That' a lot of miles, don't you think?)
3. When the engine was replaced, the IMS was replaced with a dual row LN engineering IMS, a new clutch, new AOS. RMS was new and was not leaking. (I think Charles Navvaro of LN Engineering recently mentioned on this forum that they consider the dualr row retrofit to be a permanent solution and not requiring replacement every 50,000 miles. That is necessary for the single row retrofit, not the dual row. Am I right?)
4. A month ago he has replaced the water pump and the belts, since the water pump had a small leak.
5. The brakes are replaced with brembo brakes. The wheels and tires are new apparently. He has also replaced the struts with new koni struts and new HR springs, and new bushings.
6. From the looks of it the body paint and top look clean.

So, what do you think about it?
rezaf_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote