View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
Jamesp
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moresquirt View Post
James,i think your on to something and obviously Pedro agrees,but how do u make drill those holes without splitting the motor and if it is possible what about the 06 thru 08 models with there bearing installed from inside the case on assembly.Again great info and well documented
I have not looked at the larger bearing, but from what I've seen in passing there is little problem with them in the base, thought some say their reliability can be improved by removing the grease seal and relying on splash or DOF. If I had one of them I'd be tempted to leave it alone. When replacing my IMS I searched a long time to replace it with a shaft using the 6204 bearing so it could be serviced. I'm not sure that was the best choice. As far as drilling the hole with the shaft in the engine, for the removable (6204) bearing, with the bearing removed a very small 90 degree drill bit drive with a predetermined set back would need to be built. Not impossible, but not easy either. Milwaukee makes one commercially that is close, but I think it would be custom tooling to drill from the inside of the shaft.

Last edited by Jamesp; 11-14-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: complete the answer
Jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote