Thread: DOF is here!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #18
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY View Post
Grinding complete, fitting fitted, tensioners re torqued and cam lock and crank pulley lock removed.
FYI you can just drill a hole for the oil line rather than grinding one out. I test fitted my DOF cover and marked where the hole needed to go. Then I started with a small drill bit and worked my way up to a 5/8" bit in the end. Start to finish was maybe 30 minutes for me using this method. I think it's also a little less mess.

I see you got a package with only one cam plug in it. I e-mailed Mike at TuneRS about this and he's going to start including two cam plugs in the future.

One hint on the oil feed - thread the hose onto the oil feed plug first and get it most of the way tight, but not fully tight. Then put the oil feed adapter in the head. It should still rotate fine with the hose a little loose and you can get it tight. Then put the final tightening on the oil hose line. It can be pretty tricky to get the oil hose on the oil feed adapter once it's already in place. Putting the oil line on first makes it a much easier job - at least it did for me.

Kirk Bristol
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote