View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #16
GTSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothole View Post
Interesting to see the latest Vette looks reasonably compact even next to a 986...
I was thinking the same thing. I feel like the boxster is wrapped around me and the vette is a lot bigger, but check out this pic.

Also - I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the chrome wheels either, but this car is the Premiere Edition and it only comes this way. It had every other option I wanted, including a bunch of stuff on constraint that I probably couldn't get until next spring...I plan on using these as track wheels and will get some cool, possibly black, aftermarket rims when there is a good selection sometime next year.

Still waiting on the center caps. This special edition car has special ones, but it accidently came with the standard ones.

Driving impression so far - Comfortable GT car in touring - this thing would be awesome for a serious multiday road trip. It feels and sounds like a race car in Track mode. I still have not hit 500 mi break in, so I have not taken it over 3500 RPM. That said, it is faster than the Boxster even without flooring it and short shifting. Duel mode exhaust is the best of both worlds. I'd put the interior up against any car - my Uncle's 550 or my buddies Jag really aren't any better. Seats are amazing. So far, GREAT. I may autocross this weekend. I'll let you guys know what I think (assuming I make the 500 mi break in point).

I still contend, for cruising the back roads where I live, the Porsche may be more fun. You can get on it and work the shifter a lot more without hitting go to jail speeds. It was also so raw and connected to the road. I've never driven a car with better brakes than my old 986 either.

GTSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote