View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #175
mikefocke

But LN isn't saying all LN bearings should be replaced at 40-50k like you said, just the single row ones. They were cautious with their claims in the beginning and waited until time and miles and reports gave credence to any thoughts of longer life.

What evidence is there in similar mileage cars of the effect of the DOF? How many 40-50k bearings have been pulled after being used in real world cars for several years with a DOF and what are the reported results? Oh, I forgot, the DOF folk won't even reveal the extent of their testing. And there hasn't been a single person yet posting "I've had the DOF installed with XYZ bearing for 3 years and 30k miles and this is my experience". How do we know it helps or hurts until that level of experience is exposed? I think some people's enthusiasm for the next new thing has outrun the evidence.

How many new medicines have been introduced with much hoopla only to have us learn a few years later they aren't as good or they have really bad side effects. My doctor believes in using ones that have a long history because the benefits and risks are better understood.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote