View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'm going to follow several individuals' advice to stay with the Boxster, minimize spending on mods, and avoid test driving any particularly tempting Porsches. I definitely don't want to sink money into a depreciating car with unnecessary mods. I also don't really want to take on some extra loan payments right now either. I'll focus on saving up for the right Porsche that may come my way in the future.

That said, I did just get an Agency Power short-shifter and shifter linkage for cheap on Craigslist so I'll see how transformational that mod is to my driving experience. I also have a set of 18" Carrera Lightweights with Boxster specs that need refinishing. I might finally get around to swapping those on in place of my 17" twists.

Thanks again folks. Keep on Boxstering.
I think you have made a wise choice. That said, it does not mean you cannot pursue some cool DIY projects that do not cost much. A heckuva way to learn more about your Boxster not to mention ad skills to your future car resume:

101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster (Motorbooks Workshop): Wayne R. Dempsey: 9780760335543: Amazon.com: Books
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote