View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
koosh

Ok a lengthy post yet again! I really should keep this up to date!!!

so a couple months ago now the boxster went in for its MOT (yearly legal check over). thankfully it passed with no problems at all!
i got a small list of parts that are recommended to be changed like bushes and a couple gaskets but even at that these are not necessary and would just be worthwhile doing

so in line with passing its MOT i decided it was time to get the wheels on!
So one evening, being a nice night and all, i decided to get started!

how we began;

whilst the wheels were off i decided to give the calipers a wee buff up and take the worst off. so how they were before;

and how they turned out. i also decided whilst i was there to investigate why the washer jets werent working and why it kept dumping water on the ground every time i tried to use them... ripped off the arch liner and the end of the hose fell down and started pissing water over the driveway. just had to find out where to connect it to and hey presto, working washers;

got the wheels on, went to drive to the garage to put air in them and as i pulled towards the edge of the driveway there was a big grinding noise and the car came to a halt! i had felt round the back before i pulled away and it seemed like there was a gap between rim and shock but obviously not.... jumped in my mothers beetle, up to the local car hardware shop, 5mm spacers (which, although say "fits 4 and 5 stud cars", doesn't.) had to file the holes out a bawhair and they went on easy;

then that was them all fitted up. happy days;

then the next day i took it to a local drift event to watch some buddies (no plate cause i'm cool);

and tonight a few days after settling on;

koosh is offline   Reply With Quote