View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #14
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnowles View Post
FWIW, never deal directly with someone else's insurance company. They are truly out there for your satisfaction. That's your insurance company's job. You are almost always better off getting your insurance company to take care of the repairs to your satisfaction, then your company can seek restitution from the other company. Only downside is paying the deductible then waiting for a refund and potential rate hikes. It's never happened to me that way, but it has happened to others from what I have heard.

Other than that, I too would suggest going to a Porsche recommended body shop that will use Porsche replacement parts.
Umm, no. I've dealt direct with their company and unless you have some injuries then do it through their company, don't put a pay out or claim on your ins, and you get to have say over what parts and how they are fixed. If I had not done that myself I would not have come out ahead as I did I my accident. And what's all this he wants to go to AAA together?? One call to claims, they send tow truck or you drive to where you want the car fixed, and done. Why haggle? If he wants to save $$, he can agree to cover any and all costs, not file the calm, then you can use your own insurance if you wish.

He hit you. He has insurance. Don't lift a finger besides to point to where the paint didn't turn out perfect.

Also, demand a bump up in rental car. They tried to give me some Chevy Lumina and I said "but I dropped off a Porsche!!" And they gave me a very nice upgrade mid SUV no charge.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote