View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #14
BYprodriver

Garage
April 2000 I started a new job as the lead test driver for the SoCA region press fleet of Porsche along with 75% of the other new cars for sale in the U.S. Over the next 3 model years I spent 45hrs a week driving just about everything. (except Ferrari & Lambos) The Boxster S was easily the funnest vehicle I have ever driven, followed, in no particular order by the GT2, 996 Turbo & Z06 Corvette. When management changes lead me to quit this job I started my search for a 2000 Boxster S in speed yellow with a minimum of options & no traction control. I have had this car for more years & put more miles on it than any previous vehicle I have owned. A couple years ago I addressed it's only shortcoming, not enough power, by sleeving the engine to 3.6L. Over the last 3 years I have spent roughly the market value of my car on performance enhancements to make it drive better than new.