View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #18
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby View Post
These cars require preventive measures. Things like the water pump and AOS are items that require proactive replacement and these are well-known issues.

How many reports like this one do people have to read to finally believe that it CAN happen to them?
Agreed, but I really don't think every Boxster owner should run down today and buy packs, tubes, a water pump, and engine mounts if their car is running perfect and they scope around for drips and pay attention during oil changes. Wouldn't regular coolant changes help that water pump? With the good juice, not what's on special?

Tracked cars will need more bolt on parts swapped?

The IMS thing is almost like something Las Vegas dreamed up. What are my odds?? Some look perfect when pulled from 120k mile engines.

Oil at 5k. Mine looks as gold as when I poured it in.

Agreed again, but swapping parts just for prevent if zero wear signs? Maybe IMS because you can't see it, but most other parts cry first, like the AOS. Mine had oil all over it. Just had to visually inspect it, but that required removing the engine cover.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote