View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #15
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc88 View Post
Will I lose faith in this car now?
I don't know how to describe this car/engineering in all honesty. They are NOT crappy cars, I take my words back and apologize for being misleading (was just pulling J. Raby's legs).

They are in fact, "delicate cars", Porsche. That's how I should have described it at first place. You have to know them in & out very well, listen to them, plug them regularly, carry out overkill maintenance (e.g. oil@5,000km, MAF@20,000km, O2@40,000km, coil pack&plugs@60,000km) and chances are they work flawlessly - s p o t - o n as per design.

However, forget about 1 (one) of those maintenance item and you may see things going completely wrong very very fast.... that's the only bad thing about these pcars, or should we say "precision engineered cars".

Unfortunately Porsche can't select their customer base. That is why you get the impression that the car is unreliable. But ask any real Porsche enthusiasts and they will tell you, it is a great piece of engineering, after all.

It is a 12 years old car indeed. Scan it every 3 months, parked or DD, whatever. Make it a routine and you are going to be laughing for the next 25 years (min) with this car