View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
linderpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
I'm guessing that they are halogen?
If so, there is a small bulb that operates as a running light and is on with the headlights and/or running lights. I think your headlight did burn out and what you are seeing is the running light because it is behind the lens with the low/high beam bulbs and looks exactly like a headlamp is going dim, like you described.

Turn your headlight switch to running light position and verify this.
I don't know what you mean by "running light"? I took that to mean "daylight running lights", as some cars do have. My car does not have that feature AFIK. How does a running light differ from a headlight (you make a distinction in your post)?

Quote:
Well, thanks for being so informative

If you don't have running lights, how do yo pass inspection?
FYI: you do have running lights unless you took them out. They are the dim lights that you think are your headlights "burning out"
see above. This is a new configuration to me. I'll have to search the WSM, since the owner's manual doesn't shed any light on it (pun intended)

Quote:
Ok, let's try this again

What kind of headlights do you have? Any modifications?
Could be headlight switch, headlight connector, relay, bulb, ballast, wiring...hard to say without more info.
bone stock as far as I know. Am very interested in knowing more. I do need to fix whatever the problem is.
78 5 spd 928 Blumaxx (in Hemmings S & E issue #100)
85 928S garnet red stock daily driver
06 Mustang GT Legend Lime and modified to go even faster
linderpat is offline   Reply With Quote