View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #14
socratic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
My wheels are the legendary 5 spoke Carrera light (20 pounds). I saw them on ebay sold by Ernie's Alloys of Miami, Florida and I think I paid $1900 for them.
A good deal. They are very Porsche and show off the S calipers nicely.

Black car is mor work but the reward is worth it.
THe thing to remember is that the more you touch the paint the more you damage it.
So only touch that paint with quality towels( I don't let the car wash guys dry my car with their towels, I give them my Absorber or squeegee blade).
1-With a black car I would abstain from quick detailing between washes and only use quick detailers like NXT imediately after the car is washed and 100% Clean.
2-Only final buff the car with a Concourse grade buffing towel like Meguiar's Gold Class Buffing towel or Autopia-Carcare.com's buffing towel.
3- Use only polishing towels like Sonus Der Wunder polishing towels when removing waxes like Klasse and Zaino and then move onto your less abrasive Buffing towel. Buffing with a polishing towel will damage your paint over time.
4-ALWAYS clay bar the car before waxing, otherwise its like taking sand paper to Black paint. Sediments bond to your paint and don't come of during the wash but do come loose when enough pressure is applied, LIKE WHEN YOU ARE WAXING!
Make sure that surface is 100% sediment free before the wax goes down.
5- Never apply or remove or buff your car in "circles". Up and and down only.
6- ALWAYS lubricate the surface of dirty paint before touching it (claying, washing, removing bird droppings etc.)

my old Black detailing habit
Wow! That black Miata is a beauty!
socratic is offline   Reply With Quote