View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Mark_T

It's probably not broken, just not assembled. I bought a set of those Bosch headlamps too, but in halogen, not Xenon. Got a great deal, just like you.

I put them in and they were aimed almost straight down. I took them in to the dealership to have them aimed. The tech took the car in and a few minutes later he comes out and says "Where did you get those headlights?" Never a good sign. He tells me that the guts have just been dumped into both headlights and nothing is attached. I was up front and I told him about buying them online and how much they cost.

Now here's where they showed what kind of a dealership they are. They could have easily sent me packing saying that it was my problem because I didn't buy them there. Instead, the tech grabbed his long-nose pliers and spent the next hour assembling the guts of the headlight through the opening in the back. It looked just like building a ship in a bottle. He got them both assembled, back in the car, and aimed. The car was in the shop nearly two hours, but they just charged an hour labor, less my PCA discount.

Dealerships often get a bad rap, but the one we have here in Winnipeg is excellent. For some reason the forum won't let me type their name, but if you lived in Germany it would be what you called the house you keep autos in.