View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #13
Daniel R

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomind View Post
The only 02s Im seeing for around the 12s have 70+ miles on them.
Granted there are a lot of great cars with some miles on them but that's not what Im looking for.
I kinda like the early cars anyway. Basic sports car.
I think you just said it, "basic sports car".

I'm of the belief that less is more with these cars. Traction control or stability management are unnecessary. Any option that adds weight (eg. Bose stereo package) is also undesirable and of course the seller will expect more money for each "gadget".

My car, a 2000 model "S" was not heavily optioned by the first owner. About the only option I would have really liked it to have in retrospect is the full leather package (dash and doors rather than just the seats). I'm not sure what difference this would make for resale value, although I don't really care. It looks great and would give the car a timeless look in the interior. I intend on keeping this car forever, when it is no longer a DD (been doing the job for nearly 6 years and going strong) I will strip out stereo, trunk linings, some sound deadening and the soft-top and it will become a dedicated fair-weather fun car that is much lighter than most new "sports cars".

It does come down to personal preference, although I would be reluctant to pay up for a list of options unless they were particularly useful to me, not just for resale.
Daniel R is offline   Reply With Quote