View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
epapp

Garage
The flickering lights are so unnoticeable that...get this...you wouldn't notice it until I pointed it out. I don't see any of the switch lights flickering, and the radio cutout may not have been a real 'cut out' like I mentioned. I was driving and once it stopped playing the radio instantaneously, like 1 millisecond or less. Maybe it was just static on the station.

I see the flickering in the cluster LCDs and the HVAC LCDs, as well as the cabin interior light. It doesn't seem to happen once the car has been driven for 10 mins/is warmed up. After its warm I try to have a staring contest with the LCDs and as much as I've tried, they don't flicker after warm up.

I have an idea that while the car is cold/the oxygen sensor heaters are on/whatever else is on during warmup, its drawing extra power and starving the interior lights and LCDs. Thats the only thing I could think of based on it only happening when the car is cold.

I'll check the current distribution box because a similar problem was the result of some corroded contacts inside the current distribution box.
epapp is offline   Reply With Quote