View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
cbbepop

So I finally got the IMS solution

Yup, finally got it done.

After going into panic mode every time the car starts to drip oil...whether it was a bad RMS seal or an AOS...I took a look at my options and decided if my 2001 S tip was eligible for an IMS solution I'm gonna shoot for it.

Plus the mileage this year was 66XXX and I felt like being superstitious all of a sudden.

Also an unforeseen factor was that my dealership took the liberty to pull my car's records (I am the 3rd owner) and informed me that the car already had an IMS failure under first ownership and had an engine replacement done under warranty. So I was gambling on it being a single row and not a later revised version.
__________________________________________________ _____________
Currently I am doing rotations in Long Island so I went with what's closest from here and am glad I drove down to Chatham, New Jersey to Jay's the Popular Mechanic's shop for the job!

It was well worth the wait and the commute by LIRR and NJ transit to and fro.
1.) Jay took the time to pick me up at 8pm on a Friday night and drove me to his shop to pick up the car.
2.) He then spent time going over the details of what was done (which is a lot: from replacing rusty bolts, to oil change to fixing a loose clamp causing a fluctuating RPM at idle) and to answering my questions on whether it was safe not to take the car off the lot.
3.) Jay test drove the vehicle for a good couple hours after the installation.

I highly recommend Jay and his shop if anyone else if thinking of doing the solution in the near future on the east coast.
The Popular Mechanic European Import Automotive Repair
Attached Images

cbbepop is offline   Reply With Quote