View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
All these older Boxsters you are looking at seem overpriced.In Canada we pay more than in the States for a Boxster but I think that a decent older Boxster could be had for less than $11k to 12k. I have seen higher mileage 99's for $10k or less.

Ask for receipts for work done. More likely to get them from a private seller. Grind hard on the purchase price and then if you like one have a PPI done on it and if there is work to be done deduct the cost estimates off the offered price. Don't forget that sellers tend overestimate the value of their cars. The $$$ saved you will need to put towards the Box average budget of about $1000-2000 a year if you get somebody else to do the work. Make sure you have read the thread in this forum "thinking about buying a Boxster". Don't buy the first one you see. Try several and take your time. The more you read on this forum the more things you can watch out for looking at the Boxster. eg. CEL light must illuminate on first detent of ignition switch. Then start engine and that light must go out......enjoy your search.

Oh yes options! Mine is a 2001 Box base. It has no remote key unlock or PSM. It was a lottery car. But it does have heated seats and good air conditioning. Make sure to get the options you want and make sure everything works eg. convert. top goes up and down. I would not accept a car with cracked/split window. Quite expensive to fix. But that is up to you.
Cheers, G.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote