View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #117
moresquirt

Thx for the pic Kirk,Wow!! I have never seen the two bearings side by side,u are correct thats a monster in comparison.Does it also have a thicker wall? I would guess that the seals on the larger bearing are also thicker and therfore stronger which may also help in regards to oil penetration. With regards to the law suit strictly related to autos 01 thru 05 , i wonder if people with 06 thru 08 autos that in time start to have similiar IMS problems.
Will they have less problems making a claim with Porsche now that there has been a documented and proven problem.Based on how Porsche handled this issue of denial over the last 10 years or so,knowing full well that there was an legitimate concern or problem i don,t feel reallly comfortable in purchasing a DFI car with all new technology which may down the road prove to have problems that they will deny until people force them to act!
Raby has already shown pics off excessive cylinder wear on low milage units of DFI cars that werent tracked (probably heat related). Good luck.
moresquirt is offline   Reply With Quote