View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #109
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstar View Post
Thanks Jeff, I had not read the expressed concern over the thickness of the DOF flange. I can see where that could cause issues if: 1. an identical length bolt is used, and 2. the flange has not be designed at the point of entry of the bolt to be used with an identical length of bolt (it is surely not the additional thickness of the flange per se, but rather the thicknes/spacing at the point of entry of the bolt that would effect torque). A very good question and one to which I have not read an answer.

As to the other point, if there is debris in the oil passages of the engine, then no doubt there will be various problems for every component of the engine including cam shafts, valve train, main bearings, etc.

Brad
To be completely fair, Pedro has stated that they are now making a flange that will allow better engagement of the center bolt, but I do not know what other impact thinning out the center of the flange will or won't lead to. The DOF would appear to be a "work in progress" that is still working out some of the kinks you get with any new product launch; very few ever go to market cleanly, but that is the essence of product development.