View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #88
Steve Tinker

[QUOTE=southernstar;368706]
Customers who purchased your retrofit bearings at the time of their introduction did so not because it had been proven on many cars over many years, but because the technology made sense. Today, after many years and many units, that logic has been supported in real world usage.

You are correct.

I had my LN ceramic bearing fitted back in 2010 when many people didn't know & didn't care about retrofitting the IMS bearing.
But I come from an engineering background, so the logic of the ceramics and the commitment in $$ portrayed by Navarro and Raby convinced me that it was a better solution than the factory original. Convincing enough for me to stump up close to $4,000 for the retrofit which to me is a serious cost for something you can't see, feel or hear!.
Does it really, really matter if the bearings are splash, force or mist lubricated - as southernstar says, many years & many units later they are still out there and working, so somethings right with the design ......

I don't know how much time, effort or dollars Flat6 and LNEng has sunk into the whole M96 bearing debacle (and probably they don't either), but you've got to give credit where credit is due - both Navarro & Raby will be bearing enough scars on their gonads to last a liftime - a bit like war wounds to be worn with pride.