View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #24
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
You guys do realize the Chinese have their own "Durametric-style" software (although 100% in Chinese) and use a plain and simple USB-to-OBD2 architecture for comm. It's a software on its own and has nothing to do with Durametric look & feel.

The software is by-far more advanced than the Durametric 'pro' version as it literally does everything a piwis does (keys prog, locking systems, adjust this and that, has it ALL... can't list them all here).

Where I'm trying to get at with this is, they are selling it to guys like myself for $60 a license. Instead of the ridiculous amount of money the other one is selling theirs to their Porsche crowd in the USA/CA/EU.

Really makes you wonder; who is stealing who?!

Believe me they could translate everything in English, French, Itralian, and shutdown your mates at Durametric in a flash but hey man.... they don't. Any idea why?
Probably a clone of PIWIS version 1, which suffered the same problems Durametric did. PIWIS version 2 (current) is a fully networked system that Porsche keeps a very tight rein on, only leasing it, and running an active campaign to disable clone systems that pop up from time to time.