View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
luci5r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
The scratched side piece behind your seats is attached to the carpeted piece directly below. I know on the 986 that the whole thing comes out as one assembly. IDK if you can seperate the pieces but at least if you pull the piece out, you could repaint the hard part.
Ok - So the whole piece, including the carpeted cloth underneath the piece - will need to be removed. That should be Ok as long as I can figure out where the screws are to remove this thing. I'll have to take a closer look at this to be sure I can do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle52 View Post
Removing the factory glue after removing the emblem takes a lot of goo be gone and patients. Go slow and don't use anything that could scratch the paint. When you receive your new emblem it comes ready to stick on. It has a rubberized sticky back. Make sure you mark where the old one came off so you can stick the new one in the same location.
I saw some good options on Suncoast Porsche (Thanks to Deserion), and noticed the emblems come with sticky back - so that's good. Will definitely deploy plenty patience & goo-be-gone for this job; last thing I want to do is scratch the paint. The only thing I'm wondering - does it leave a mark at all once you've removed the original logo - or can it come off completely clean, leaving no residue/marking whatsoever? The reason I ask is, I do like the newer Porche/Boxster logo combination that comes on newer 2013+ models and it's easily available at Suncoast Porche. I'm toying with the idea of replacing the older Boxster logo with the newer Porche/Boxster emblems ... but obviously the sizing & placement is different, which means that if there's any marking of the old emblem left on the trunk, it will very likely be visible.

I would only be able to do that if I'm left with a white/markless trunk after removing the old Logo.

Thanks guys.
luci5r is offline   Reply With Quote