View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Trax

Issue with the porsche dealer. Is this how it is for everyone else??

This forum is great and you guys rock! Thanks for all the advice so far.

I have a new issue though. This time it's with the porsche dealer. I just bought the car from a Non-Porsche dealer and of course had a PPI done before buying. It's still under factory warranty and being a new owner I'm VERY excited :dance:. The car never came with any service documents unfortunately, but it has a huge list of services listed by carfax from the dealer.

So, I went to the Porsche dealership and asked if I could get a print out of the service records of the car. I want to know if anything got missed or if something big is due shortly. The dealer told me that they wouldn't release that information. I'm thinking why..... He then explains that if it was the other way around "Would you want someone knowing what you did with the car?". I'm a little baffled. I'm not new to porsche I used to own a 944, but this was a tad ridiculous. He explained it as if the cars may have an embarrassing STD or something. All I want is to get all my service stuff lined up. They also said they don't share information between Porsche dealerships. So, if it was serviced elsewhere they can't look up the records. Again... WTF>!? I'm starting to think the Mercedes dealerships are 50 times betters than this! And that's saying something!.

Anyone else have this issue?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote