View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckrikos View Post
I have always wanted one and am thinking of getting one now that prices have come down to around 40k for a low mileage 02/03. .
Last I checked on Autotrader (which tends to be on the high side of Porsche pricing) many decent low mileage 996 Turbos' were well into the 30K's. Some were spotless and nowhere near $40K.

The thing I don't like the about the 996 Turbo is that when the rear end slides just a bit it cuts power back there and you get even more understeer than it already has. It's a porker in my book but that's just the nature of an AWD grand touring. It's just not a nimble car, ditto for the 996 C4S. Also, if you plan to drive it every day in our state get out the piggy bank, like any Carrera Turbo the maintenance is much higher over the NA engines. But if down-grading on handling is not important to you and you'll only be driving it ocassionaly then its a tremendous bargain for a grand touring car that at one time was the Porsche you could park next to an F355 or F360. Personally for a two season car, I would go 996 GT3. That might be the last raw 911.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote