View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
runjmc2

Air Bag Light - Need a lead

After researching, I have a two theories on the cause and would appreciate some advice on where to start.

Theory 1 - A few weeks ago I had the common horn issue, went from intermittent over bumps to continuous for a few minuted before stopping. I plan to check the fuse, relay, and address the bracket as needed. I have not pulled the airbag to access the bracket yet.

Theory 2 - Last weekend I did a lot of maintenance, including drive belt replacement, that required me to move both seats back and forth several times. The light did NOT come on directly after this maintenance.

The light came on with my wife in the passenger seat on startup and she was fidgeting with the seat adjustment just prior to start up.

Initially I was thinking it was related to the horn, but after looking at the photos, I doubt it and think it's related to a connection for the seat belt release on the passenger side. I read about and cleaned both seat belt contacts and also read about the TSB on the grounding.

I just looked under the seat and see a "bunch of wires". If theory 2 is more likely, what are some specific connections to check, and ways to check that the necessary connections are being made. I don't have the ability to reset the light so I'd like to have some level of confidence that it is address before going to my Indy and asking him to read and reset. Thanks!
runjmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote