View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
ganseg

Great to hear your sump pan was clean! What kind of use and maintenance has your car seen? The pros say our IMS bearings will fail, it is a matter of when. I have 120k on my S and it is a single row too.

Not an answer to your IMS question (because I have the same issue), but two other things related to your post. My clutch is harder to disengage/engage too. A service writer's first thought was that it is a bad "accumulator". It doesn't bother me enough to spend money on and I wishfully think maybe a higher performance clutch was installed by a prior owner - maybe they have stiffer springs.

On the AOS, I haven't seen people talking about them leaking externally, but since they have oil in them it is not to hard to imagine. But there shouldn't be enough oil going thru them to cause a persistent leak. I changed mine recently because of periodic smoke (once every 10+ cold starts) and didn't see evidence of my leak being from there. I have not had smoking since then and for my oil leak I am going to be changing the spark plug tubes since it is cheap and within my abilities.
ganseg is offline   Reply With Quote