Thread: What is this?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
Mark_T

You can activate it yourself if you have a Durametric tool. You can do the oil change for about $75 if you watch the Can-tire flyers and catch Castrol on sale.

I asked my local dealer to activate it for me before I got my Durametric. They pulled faces and made out like it would be some big deal, at least an hour of shop time, if they could even do it. "You're opening a big can of worms there" they told me. Seriously, they actually said that.

I got my Durametric tool and this was the first thing I did. Was easy to find the option in the menu and I had it done in seconds. The only glitch was that in activating this function it set my whole dashboard back to imperial. Although I was easily able to set the rest of dash back to metric using the twisty-knob, the outside temp display remains in Farenheit. I'm told that this is because my car is a US car and that the only way to get the outside temp to display in Celsius is to replace the dash with a Canadian one. Doesn't bother me as I am just as comfortable with either measurement style.

Last edited by Mark_T; 10-15-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote