View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Daniel R

Are you racing the car or is it mainly for the street?

I had Pagid RS-5 on the front and Pagid Blue 4-2 on the rear of my 986 S previously.

The RS-5 pads were HELL on the rotors and I can tell you the Pagid Blacks (RS-14) are much worse. The Blue 4-2 pads were ok, although wore the rotors quite a bit faster than OEM pads do.

Since you mentioned that you are on a budget, I'm sure that the last thing you want is to drastically shorten the life of your rotors as well. They are a wear item also, their life is directly proportional to how aggressive a pad you are mating them with. This is in fact what happened to me, I had to replace the pads and rotors when there was still around 20% to 25% life left in these very expensive Pagids since the rotors had gotten DANGEROUSLY thin. I would certainly recommend anyone fitting aggressive pads to replace the rotors at the same time to prevent this from happening.

It is probably best to stick with OEM. They are more than sufficient on the street. If you find that you are experiencing fade in street driving then you probably should not have a licence. That is assuming there isn't a problem with the brake fluid needing replacement or rotors that have worn too thin and cannot dissipate the heat fast enough.

In short, make sure the rotors have plenty of life left in them, replace the pads with OEM and replace the brake fluid as this makes a big difference to pedal feel.

Happy Motoring
Daniel R is offline   Reply With Quote