View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #87
Nine8Six

Great.... I just washed the Boxster this afternoon and covered it back in the garage until its next pcar go out day. Will make a "video" of the next drive out so you can see that halogen is now officially phased out, and that HID rules!

Cutoff line is pretty standard for all bi-xenon projectors mate. You want to Google Image: "Morimoto Mini H1 cutoff line" for examples.

Pattern is identical to the one on the pic below:

The only advantages of my 'custom' projector against the stock Morimoto Mini H1 is the lens on mine are placed dead centered with the projector's bowl and its beam of light (factory quality). I machine those parts with 0.05mm precision/tolerance. The original projector comes with a cheap plastic lens housing with (often) uneven tabs all around (see pic below), or bent, and that can shift the lens a bit too much on some units. I've measured a few units and couldn't find a pair that had the same focal/lens alignment. Some are okay, some we're off by as much as 1.5mm. This can make the focal and horizontal cutoff line adjustment a PITA or even impossible.

^hmmmmm .... no thanks!

The mounting spacers and the socket nut/threads I provide are also machined to same high precision believe it or not. It makes everything pretty easy to line-up for the end installer