View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #41
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
At these prices buying anything but premium seems like your overpaying.

Incidentally there are some differences other than marketing between different brands. Some use only imported middle east Crude. My understanding is that Texaco, Sunoco and Chevron don't use mid east crude and have drilling in South America and other parts. Something to consder while we are at war.

btw, this gas bull**************** has me investing heavily into energy. Valeo Energy (VLO), Sunoco, XTO, NOV, EOG ALL up up 100% in 12 months. I don't know who are going to make more dough in 2006, the energy guys or the financial services/credit card guys who just increased mininums payments on the staggering credit card debt of America.
Again, there are absolutely no differences in the base fuel (pre-additive) between brands at the pump. Some brands might have different purchasing guidelines for crude - but that doesn't affect what you buy at the pump. Bulk Terminals don't store fuel by "brand" just by octane. Your Chevron gas comes from the exact same storage tank that supplies Wal-Mart, Costco, Texaco, and every other fueling station in your region. The gas in the storage tanks might come from a Chevron, Texaco, or Sunoco refinery (or even all three). But, you would have no way of knowing where it came from.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote