View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #16
Dave S.

My 2003 had the cheap stereo package with only the dash speakers. Worst sounding stereo ever delivered in a high end car.
I had a local stereo shop install a new head unit, amp (with cross overs for the component speakers, upgraded dash speakers and component door speakers to my car. They actually didn't install speaker boxes in the doors, but I did go ahead and dynamat the doors instead (you can buy it really cheap on-line). I think it sounds great the way it is now. I can drive 65 mph with the top down and enjoy the music. My components used 6.5 inch woofers. I'm sure I'll get flamed by some audiophiles here, but in my opinion adding door speaker boxes is a waste of time and something you could do later if you don't like the way it sounds. Afterall it is a convertible with limited space and is only going to sound so good no matter what.
I expect that some folks will think this ruined the factory look, but I didn't care about that. It will not affect the resale value of this car, as I believe most people would rather have a nice stereo than would appreciate the factory look.

Last edited by Dave S.; 10-12-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote