View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #22
Steve Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by epapp View Post
I'm not the type that loses sleep over my IMSB failing, but it sure is time for some real engineering (probably set off some short fuses with that one).
epapp.... shortish fuses maybe but......

Over the last 40 years working in Engineering around the world I've been associated with some very smart guys - BSc's, MSc's and Dr's, Hons grads etc, etc. Most of these young guns thought they were Gods Gift to the Engineering World As We Know It, but that mindset only lasted a couple of years after graduation & reality kicked in - sometimes you have to put aside the theory and look at the problem from a wholly realistic & practical view based on years of hands on analysis. Many a humble shop Foreman has outwitted his new Grad Eng on the practicalities of life.

Now I agree that new ideas from keen minds are the stuff of dreams, but remember that some people have been at the IMS coal face for over 10 years, pioneering solutions that have saved us mere mortals a whole wad of money with their combined expertise, knowledge and commitment. Flat 6's Jake Raby, LN Engineering's Charles Navaro and Hartech's Barry Hart are no fools and have earned their spurs the hard way. To say that you are going to add "some real engineering" to the IMS problem (which by the way, they were working on when you were probably still going through puberty) is going to be very interesting.

I for one am looking forward to your revelation regarding a new course of action - the Epapp Solution (Pappsolution) perhaps ...........