View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
Kenny Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
And I thought I was a fanatic about detailing. But, I still prefer the interior of a Boxster. The F40 interior looks like it came out of a Yugo.
F40 is a different equation. The interior is very spartan, and simplistic. After all, Ferrari released it in mind with it practically being a road legal race car. In some no radio and plastic windows in early versions!

"One concession was made to creature comfort, as air conditioning was fitted as standard. Otherwise the interior was spartan in the extreme, with a pair of red cloth covered sports seats, and apart from the roof lining, the felt covered dashboard and central tunnel, plus a driver's rubber heel mat, there was no interior trim, only plain or painted composite material surfaces. No electric windows, just a simple manual winder on the inner door panel, or sliding panels in plastic windows on early series cars, whilst the door release catch was a pull wire in the bare door pockets. The driver was provided with a satin black finished, three spoke, leather rimmed steering wheel, and drilled aluminium foot pedals. This minimalist interior accentuated the racer for the road appeal, and completed the image of a serious piece of equipment."

Favorite car of all time for me.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote