Thread: code reader
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy782 View Post
Hi,

I read a lot about the obd2 code reader on the forum. with my old audi, I had the VAG COM tool with ross tech program and it work great because I have had more information about the code on my laptop like description. I see that many people just buy a small obd2 readers just to read the code. I want to spend around 100$ on the code reader. I know that many other peoples have the diametric tool and that is a very nice tool but I don't want to spent 250-300$ on the tool. I want to know if you have brand and model for me like ELM tool or something else.

choice:

small tool EBD2
cable ELM + program that install on my computer
bluetooth cable can work??

thanks for the info!
You need to also be aware that non Porsche specific OBD II tools are well known for reading false codes (non existent or erroneous) on Porsche's due to the unique diagnostics system used in the DME, and there are an entire laundry list of codes that it will not be able to clear if it can actually see them on a Porsche.