View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 AM   #9
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster54 View Post
Hello to all,

I plan to replace my current 2012 Camaro convertible next year with either a new Boxster or Corvette. I'm more comfortable with the issues of ownership with the Corvette because it's not that different from the Camaro....same dealer, similar maintenance schedule.

I'm not as comfortable with the Boxster for several reasons....no. experience, an engine that I really can't see, local dealer that isn't open on Saturday for service, oil changes that costs $325, tires that cost $2,000 to replace.

Some of my best driving experiences have been with German built, manual transmission cars, but never anything as exotic (and perhaps as high maintenance) as a Porsche.

Any advise will really be appreciated.

Chuck

I would spend a bit of time here browsing, your figures on maintenance / upkeep are quite high especially if you do your own work. I have owned both cars, they are worlds apart but both very enjoyable to drive and have their own merits. IMO:

Boxster = Phenomenal handling, lose your gum braking, adequate power, Steering feel like no other, Porsche brand panache.

Corvette = Brutal acceleration (ZO6), addictive always there torque, good handling / braking but not close to a Boxster.

There are a million other variables to compare but they are also mainly subjective. Both cars are relatively easy to work on, the Boxster will sting you on parts prices vs. GM.

Good Luck.............

Last edited by coreseller; 10-11-2013 at 03:06 AM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote