View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
MitchSF

Easy - pry off three plastic plugs on the VERTICAL part of the kick panel facing the seat, then loosen three allen head screws through the holes, 5mm I think. The screws don't have to be removed, just loosened. Lift the assembly and remove the two allen head screws holding the two cables. Disassembly is obvious, and just as easy.

I used Wurth silver paint and clear lacquer that I bought to touch up the wheels, over primer I bought at Home Depot. For the kick panel, I used some flat black enamel over the same primer. Decals were not affected by the clear lacquer.

Make sure you buy good water slide decal paper. My first try was with some laser printer paper I bought on ebay. It printed fine, but the images flaked off when the paper was bent. I tried it on an inkjet, and the ink washed off. Both printers used factory ink and toner cartridges, so that wasn't the problem. The next purchase worked perfectly on the laser.

I also used the same Wurth paints on the silver plastic insert for the shift knob.

Last edited by MitchSF; 10-11-2013 at 10:47 AM.
MitchSF is offline   Reply With Quote