View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster54 View Post
Hello to all,

I plan to replace my current 2012 Camaro convertible next year with either a new Boxster or Corvette. I'm more comfortable with the issues of ownership with the Corvette because it's not that different from the Camaro....same dealer, similar maintenance schedule.

I'm not as comfortable with the Boxster for several reasons....no. experience, an engine that I really can't see, local dealer that isn't open on Saturday for service, oil changes that costs $325, tires that cost $2,000 to replace.

Some of my best driving experiences have been with German built, manual transmission cars, but never anything as exotic (and perhaps as high maintenance) as a Porsche.

Any advise will really be appreciated.

Chuck

Certain that it is, no premium, European automobile is inexpensive to own and maintain.
However, unless you're referring to some "uber" brand of tire that no one else has heard of before - $2000 is an extremely high figure. Also, as many have quoted, oil changes can be done via DIY for around $100. Moreover, even if you preferred to have a reputable "indy" perform your oil service- that can be done for around $180 to $220(or thereabouts). Again, unless you're using some exclusive brand of oil that no one else is aware of - an oil change doesn't have to cost $325.