View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #11
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymanwatchthis View Post
Thanks everyone.

I replaced my muffler because stock had something loose inside that rattled. Getting better sound was a benefit I looked forward to, however this drone is excessive.

Appears as though the 2 can setup is prone to drone (rhyme every time) but can be minimized.

I am going to recheck my set-up for possible leaks, put on the recommended clamps, and if that does not work will consider installing test pipes.

Concern I have with test pipes will be that the exhaust will become loud. Any input here is appreciated as well - how much louder without the secondary cats? And does the 2nd cat delete eliminate all the drone, or just make it better?

I would put the stock exhaust back on but the rattle is annoying.

Thanks!

Gary
I installed the Cat delete pipes at the same time that I installed the exhaust. At first, I thought what have I done? The drone was unbearable. Once I put the clamps on, sealing a major leak, and then fiddling with the u-pipes to make sure they weren't leaking, the drone was eliminated. The key seems to be eliminating any leaks and making sure everything is solid. Once you get it sorted, the sound is great! Good luck
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote