View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
ProjectM96

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymanwatchthis View Post
Hello all. I installed the Top Speed Pro 1 cat back exhaust. All my stock cats are still in place.

I have a loud drone between 2,500 and 3,100 rpm. Car is a '01S.

Anything I can do about it? Any hints to improve the drone? Everything else sounds good but the drone is quite loud and annoying, if I can get rid of it all is good.

I wonder - I used some steel about 1.5" long to lower the mounting bracket as it seemed high to me. I did not want to tilt it down with spacers. Wonder if the slightly less support from bracket contributes to drone?

Thanks!
I had fitment issues with mine that caused minor drone. After getting a welder to tighten everything and fix the exhaust leaks for $50, there were less vibrations and no drone. The car and exhaust feel very solid and well put together now. The car is quiet when I am cruising and only gets loud when I accelerate.

My tips were high hitting the rear bumper. Once I put spacers(50 washers) in and longer bolts from Home Depot, the tips lowered and now they look great.
One thing to mention. I installed Test pipes a month before the cat-back exhaust.

It looks like this now.

Last edited by ProjectM96; 10-10-2013 at 06:47 AM.
ProjectM96 is offline   Reply With Quote